Thursday, January 9, 2014

Raw Challenge Day 4 January 8, 2014

After facing so much hunger on Day 3, I tried to over compensate by making sure I had lots of extra fruits on hand.  And this plan definately helped me!  I ended up not being able to finish everything I had brought to work.  By the time it was time for dinner, I couldn't eat any more. So I opted out.

Day 4 ended up being too much for Solly.  He made it until dinner and after we talked about it, we decided that it was best for him to stop the challenge.  In order to get enough calories on this diet, it is necessary to eat a very large volume of fruits and veggies.  He just wasn't able to eat as much as he needed.  He really didn't want to stop the challenge, but it was the right decision for him for right now.

What has been awesome about the past four days is how much more willing he is to try new foods.  I saw him eat zucchini, summer squash, and more fruit than I can write down.  He was transformed from a relatively selective eater, to a fearless adventurer.  And I could not be more proud that he was able to last almost four full days.  This guy made it through three lunches at school with raw food.  His strength and dedication at 7 years old has been an inspiration to me. 

Days 3 and 4 have definately been more of a struggle on this challenge for me.  Knowing my son was able to hang in there has been giving me the strength to keep going.  But right now my energy is down, and I am extremely tired.  So I've been trying to get in bed early to get lots of sleep.

I've really been surprised with the huge variety of opinions in what is raw and what isn't; what is good to eat and what isn't.  As hard as it is to consider, I really am leaning more towards 80-10-10.  I've been finding out that a lot of the foods I thought were good and raw are not as good as I thought.  And not that they are all bad, but certainly not for everyday or every week use.

Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive so far!  I am very fortunate to have awesome family and friends!  Day 5 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment