Monday, January 13, 2014

Raw Challenge Day 6, 7, and 8

I had to take a break from the challenge this weekend.  My little sister got engaged!!!!!  So we had lots of celebrating and wedding planning to work on. 

Even with the break, each morning I started the day with a mountain of beautiful fruit! 

Having been raw for almost a full week and then having alcohol and cooked/prepared food, I noticed a few things.

The first big thing I noticed was how quickly I dehydrated.  Last week I was not drinking water like I usually do, because my diet was providing me with my needed water.  Just a few glasses a day were plenty.  When I was eating cooked food, I felt dehydrated almost immediately.  I really couldn't drink enough water to make me feel better.

My old food cravings are gone.  We went to the bridal extravaganza, and although I did enjoy tasting cake and all the amazing foods brought by the different catering companies, I had significantly more self control than I did, prior to going fully raw.  I even went so far as to forget to eat a few times this weekend.  On Sunday, I completely forgot to eat after I finished my breakfast, until it was after 6pm.

And lastly, I cannot forget to eat all day.  I got really cranky and then overate when I finally did eat Sunday night.  It is really important to not skip meals.

So I was worried that taking a little break from fully raw was going to break my dedication to this challenge and lifestyle and it has actually done the opposite.  I love that I had a fun weekend and am equally excited to be back to my fully raw lifestyle.  My relationship with food has definitely changed, and I even enjoyed what I was eating more than I did before this challenge.  I knew it was special, and I truly appreciated everything that I ate.

Congratulations again to my amazing sister and her awesome fiance!!!  I am so happy for you!




And just for fun, here is a picture of me with a knight at the bridal extravaganza!



No comments:

Post a Comment