Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Orange Smoothie

Today's post is short and sweet!  Last night my husband and I were in the mood for very light and refreshing.  So I decided on a very simple smoothie.  It was a little thin for a smoothie, but that was exactly what we were craving.  The best part is that this is the easiest thing to make and I dirtied very few dishes in the process!
For this recipe I used one cup of plain greek yogurt, one cup of orange juice, one tablespoon of honey and one cup of ice.  And that makes two servings!  I blended the ingredients together and my blender showed that it was exactly 32 ounces.  For me a 16 ounce shake had only 245 calories.  Which is a large snack, but pretty small dinner.  My husband on the other hand wanted the full 32 ounces, so I added another half recipe and finished blending.  This is not too sweet, but very crisp.  If it isn't sweet enough for you, you can always add a little more honey.  It is also naturally gluten free!

This recipe is also very easy to play with and make your own!  You could use any combination of juices.  For example, tonight I'm planning to try orange pineapple.  You could also use any yogurt, and make this vegan if that floats your boat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment