Wednesday, August 28, 2013

PB&J Thumbprint Cookies




I found this recipe for gluten free peanut butter cookies and I had to give it a try.  With all the jam I have on hand, I thought how much fun it would be to make a PB&J cookie.  The boys loved it!  I can’t wait to make these at Christmas when Fallon is back with us!

The ingredients are:
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
¼ cup jam

Mix the sugar, vanilla, baking soda and egg with an electric until light and creamy.  Then mix the peanut butter.  The original recipe said to scoop teaspoon sized ball for each cookie.  I made a double recipe and made my cookies with a small scoop, closer to a tablespoon so I could make thumbprint cookies.  I pressed down the middle and filled with half a teaspoon of jam.  I baked the cookies for about 18 minutes at 350 and they turned out AMAZING.  I would love to make the smaller peanut butter cookies in the future to see if they have more of a cookie texture.  Mine tasted very PB&J with a fudge like texture.  I can't wait to make these again, as traditional peanut butter cookies and sprinkle them with a little sugar! Yummy!!
 

1 comment: